6 ways Marjoram can bring joy to your life!
Looking to spice up your oil collection? Meet Marjoram essential oil, an herbaceous, balsamic-scented little number that packs a punch in “can’t get enough” diffuser blends and relaxing massages.
The Romans and Greeks said it best, describing marjoram as the “herb of happiness” and “joy of the mountains.” Discover seven ways Marjoram essential oil can bring joy and happiness into your life!
It’s a family affair
Marjoram belongs to the mint family, and the oil is steam distilled from the leaves of Origanum majorana. Its siblings are Basil, Rosemary, Thyme, Lavender, Sage, and Oregano.
Tip: Oregano oil is Marjoram’s paternal twin! The oils have similar aromas. So if you’re asking, What does Marjoram smell like? Test out Oregano’s scent!
Enhance your massage
Maximum relaxation approach combines a targeted massage with a range of essential oils, including Marjoram, Basil, Oregano, and Thyme for a harmonizing, rejuvenating, and calming experience.
Get your glow on
Glow is the way to go! But is Marjoram good for the skin? That’s an easy yes. Add extra moisture to your skin care routine with Marjoram!
- Add a drop to your favorite moisturizer to help improve the appearance of dry skin.
- Combine a drop of Elemi and Marjoram with 5 drops of jojoba oil and apply to your clean face with a cotton ball.
- Add 2 drops to your foot cream before bed, put on thick socks, and wake up to softer feet for a no-show type of glow!
Spritz a sweet scent on linens
Create a cozy linen spray that makes going to bed extra dreamy! Spritz it up with this simple DIY linen spray:
8 ounces water
10 drops Lavender essential oil
10 drops Cedarwood essential oil
10 drops Marjoram essential oil
Breathe, just breathe
Whether you’re trying to keep up with your children or doing cardio—same thing—take a moment to catch a refreshing breath.
- Mix Marjoram with Eucalyptus and a carrier oil of your choosing, then rub onto your chest for an invigorating scent. Remember to breathe deeply.
- Place a few drops on a cold, wet towel to cool off after workout sessions.
Blend with the best of them
Marjoram’s herbaceous scent shares the spotlight when combined with other oil favorites. Spread a joyful scent thorough your home when you blend this oil with Ylang Ylang, Tangerine, and Cypress!